A quick guide on how to get your users, groups and courses ready for the new year.
As the new academic year starts, Admins or HoDs need to make sure that they have the right users, groups and courses set up on their account and ready for the new term.
If you're an Admin or HoD in charge of getting things ready, here is what you need to do:
1. Archive groups you will no longer need. Don't worry: archiving groups does not automatically archive the students in those groups, so you will be able to organise those students in their new groups if you need to.
2. Archive teachers and students that will no longer be using the platform. This will prevent you reaching the user limit in your subscription and will allow you to create the new users you will need.
3. Check that you're happy with the user roles of the members of staff on the site. Decide whether you want each member to be Admin, HoD or Teacher and make changes, depending on what they will need to be able to do on the site.
4. Create new teacher accounts for the new members of staff.
5. Create new student accounts for those students that have not used the platform before. Any student that already had an account, will continue to use that account.
6. Check any existing groups that you will continue using. If necessary, add new students to existing groups, remove or add teachers and check that the end and exam dates on the courses are not in the past (update these if necessary).
7. Create the new groups that you will need this year. Remember to add the teachers, the students and the course(s) to the group(s).
Once this is done, you're ready to go.
If you have any questions or you need help fast, there is a special chat feature on the admin pages. You can search directly for help articles or chat to us direct.
Of course, we're aware that teachers are busy people, so we will be more than happy to help you get your account ready. Just get in touch with us and let us know how we can help.