👩🎓 Assigning students to an existing group In this article we learnt how to assign students to an existing group. Mark Mills
Why do we need to do this?
Assigning students to a group allows them to access the contents of the course(s) they need to study. Without doing this, the students cannot free learn or engage in assignments set by a teacher.
Who can do this?
Head of Department
What comes before?
You must have created the students as users.
You must have created the group.
You could have assigned course(s) to the group¹.
You could have assigned teacher(s) to the group².
- You must be logged and be a school admin or head of department.
- Choose 'Admin > Groups'.
- Choose the group you wish to assign students to by clicking the pencil icon next to the group name.
- Look for the yellow panel with the title 'Students'.
- Click 'Add student to group' - a search bar appears.
- Click or tap in the search bar.
- Start to type the name of the student in the search bar.
- When the desired student appears, click or tap to add the student to the group or use the arrow keys to select the student (pale blue row) and press the [ENTER] key.
- If the student name does not appear and you are sure they are definitely registered on the site, they will already be in the group. Double check by searching for them using the search bar at the top of the yellow panel.
- The student will be added to the group automatically.
- Repeat for all students you wish to add to the group.
Adding students to a group can also be done as part of the group creation process as long as the student accounts have been created in the system.
¹ Without assigning a course to a group, your students cannot free learn or take assignments.
² Without assigning teachers to a group, there will be no one to monitor their progress or set them assignments.