👩🎓 Changing users' roles How to change a Teacher into HoD or Admin or the other way round Marta Soteras Munt
Why do we need to do this?
Sometimes, so that they have more admin rights, a Teacher needs to be made a HoD or Admin. Other times, an Admin needs to be changed to a HoD, or a HoD to Teacher.
What comes before?
You cannot change your own role. This needs to be done by another member of staff.
- To make changes to the status of a HoD or Teacher: you must be a HoD or an Admin.
- To make changes to the status of an Admin: You must be an Admin (different from the one whose status needs changing).
How to change roles:
- Go to Admin>Users.
- Find the HoD or Teacher whose role you need to change.
- Click on the pencil icon next to their name.
- On the next page, click on 'Edit information'.
- In the box stating their role (School Admin/Head of Department/Regular Teacher), click on the down arrow and select their new role.
- Click on 'Save edits'.