In this article we learn how to edit basic details of a group on The EverLearner website.
Why do we need to do this?
If you have already created a group and you wish to edit the details of the group such as its name, assigned courses, teachers and students.
Who can do this?
- School admin
- Head of Department
What could you have done first?
- You must have made a group.
- You could have assigned course(s) to the group ¹.
- You could have assigned teacher(s) to the group ².
- You could have assigned student(s) to a group ³.
- You must be logged in as a school admin or head of department.
- Choose 'Admin > Groups'.
- Next to the group name you want to edit, click the pencil icon.
- You can edit the 'Basic Details' (green panel) by changing the qualification level or the group name.
- You can edit the 'Courses' assigned to the group (pink panel) by archiving the current courses and/or adding new courses.
- You can edit or remove the 'Teachers' assigned to the group (grey panel) by clicking on the three dots next to their name.
- You can edit the 'Students' assigned to the group (yellow panel). You can edit individual student details or remove individual students from the group by clicking on the three dots next to their name.
- You can remove students from the group. This can be done individually by clicking on the three dots next to their name and selecting remove, or it can be done in bulk by selecting multiple students and clicking 'Bulk Remove'.
- You can bulk change students' passwords, by selecting multiple students, clicking 'Change Password', typing in a new password and clicking 'Change password' to confirm. You must inform these students of their new password.
- You can add new students to the group by clicking on 'Add students to group', select the student(s) from the green panel below and click 'Submit students'.
✔️ Any changes you make are automatically saved.
✔️ If you wish, you can choose any other group to edit from the left hand panel.
¹ Without assigning courses, the students in that group cannot access the lessons.
² Only assigned teachers can access the course(s) which are allocated to the group.
³ Students must be in a group to be set assignments. Students can always free learn.