👩🎓'Test yourself' assignment In this article we look at how to set up 'test yourself' assignments. Elle Houghton
Why do we need to do this?
Setting an 'Test yourself' assignment allows a teacher to set a specific test or tests to students.
What comes before?
You must be a Teacher, HoD or Admin on the site and be set up as a teacher in the groups you want to set an assignment to.
Your groups must be set up ready (see here for how to set up groups).
Setting the assignment
1. Login to your account and click on the 'Assignments' button at the top of your page.
2. Click on the 'Create new assignment' button.
3. Select 'Test yourself'.
4. From the dropdown menus, select the group or groups you wish to assign this task to and the course that the written task is linked to.
5. Input the start date and time, as well as the end date and time.
6. You have the option of setting a minimum pass score. This is set as a percentage.
7. You have the option of editing the number of questions in the test. This is very important if you are setting a a test assignment that covers more than once lesson as the assignment will automatically choose all questions available from those lessons. We suggest a maximum of 30 questions per test.
8. In the grey text box, write your assignment title (this should clearly link to the content of the task) and an explanation of the task.
9. Choose whether to allow retakes or not and whether the task is mandatory.
10. Now select to assign to either the whole group(s) or to individual students. Setting to individual students is a great way to provide targeted support and personalised learning opportunities.
11. Click 'Create assignment'.
See 'Best Practice: Assignments' for our top tips on setting productive assignments.Did this answer your question?